Fried Dill / Sweet Pickles
- 1 pt. Kosher Dill pickles or our Sweet Pickle Chips (sliced dill pickles undrained)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour as well as 1 tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. hot sauce
- 1½ -2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- Drain pickles, reserving ⅔-cup pickle juice.
- Press pickles between paper towels.
- Combine ⅔ cup pickle juice, egg, flour, and hot sauce.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Combine 1½ cups flour with ground red pepper, garlic powder, salt, and paprika.
- Blend well.
- Dip pickles in egg mixture, then dredge in flour mixture.
- Fry coated pickles in 375-degree oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
Stuffed Peppadews Recipe
- Our Dirty Martini Dip- Which is a tasty blend of cream cheese and green olives accented with onions, jalapeno peppers and garlic.
- Peppadews- A sweet and vinegary tart pepper with a little heat.
- Using our Robert Rothchild Dirty Martini dipping sauce
- Scoop a helping amount into one of our sweet/ spicy delicious Peppadew
- And Volia! A delicious eye catching snack or hors d’ oeuvres you can't resist!
Fried Green Tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 3 green tomatoes, sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 cup flour
- 1¾ cup oil
- 1 tsp. sriracha sauce
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- Whisk eggs with generous pinch salt
- Mix panko and thyme
- Coat tomatoes with flour, then egg, then panko
- Heat oil in large, deep skillet
- Fry in batches until golden, 2 minutes per side
- Mix sriracha and mayo for dipping
Makes the perfect snack! YUMM
Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds small potatoes (preferably Yukon gold)
- 2 large eggs
- kosher salt
- ½ bunch slices scallions, white and green parts
- 2 tablespoons of drained capers
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup finely chopped dill pickles with ¼ cup juice (WE CALL IT BRINE) roughly about 2 pickles
- PICKLE LICIOUS PICKLES OF COURSE!
- ½ small red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ bunch dill, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-Virgin olive oil (for drizzling)
- Put the potatoes and eggs Into a big saucepan of cold salted water.
- Bring to a simmer.
- After 12 minutes remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and let cool.
- Continue cooking the potatoes until a paring knife poked into them goes In without resistance, about 3
- minuted longer.
- Reserve some scallion greens and capers for garnish.
- Meanwhile stir together the:
- Mayonnaise,mustard,pickles,and their juice, onion, remaining scallions and capers, parsley and lemon
- juice In a bowl large enough to hold the potatoes.
- peel and cool eggs and grate them into the bowl.
- Stick a fork into the potatoes and lift them one at a time out of the colander.
- Break up the potatoes by hand into rough chunks.
- Add them to the bowl and toss to coat with the dressing.
- Season, to taste, with salt & pepper.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil before serving.
Make sure to get as many ingredients at the Farmers Market as possible AND ENJOY!
Creamy Pickle Soup
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1 Med Onion
- 4 Cups Chicken or Veggie Stock
- 4 Large Kosher Dill Pickles or Hot & Spicy Pickles (for those who like to kick It up a notch)
- ⅔ Cup Liquid from the Pickles (we call It BRINE)
- 4 Lg Potatoes _peeled & cut into ½ in and diced)
- 2 TBS Flour
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- Chopped Fresh Dill (as a garnish)
- Melt butter, saute onion (about 3-4 minutes)
- Add broth, pickles, brine & potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer until potatoes are tender (approx. 20 min.)
- Blend flour with sour cream.
- Add a small amount of hot soup to the sour cream mixture.
- Blend together and than constantly whisking back into hot soup, until soup comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat & simmer 3 minutes until slightly thickened.
- At this point soup can be left chunky or pureed.
- AND ENJOY!
"Bob's" Mushroom and our Homemade Tapenade Recipe
- 1 dozen white cap mushrooms (medium to large size)
- 6 cloves roasted garlic & oil
- ½ pint Pickle Licious Homemade Tapenade
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 3-4 Tbs. panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Fresh parsley
- Remove stems and chop finely
- Saute oil with roasted garlic & chopped stems
- Brush mushroom caps with oil and grill caps side down 3-4 minutes
- Remove from grill and drain liquid
- Combine chopped mushrooms with olive tapenade and panko
- Stuff mushroom caps with goat cheese and top with olive mixture
- Put under broiler for 1-2 minuted (until just browned on top)
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley